Today for my online cooking class assignment, I made Vichyssoise (also know as Leek and Potato Soup.) It turned out quite well. It is a cream soup, but doesn't need cream, or a thickener to make it creamy. The starch from the cooked potatoes does the job very nicely. To finish the soup it is blended in a blender.
Steve is not a soup person, especially soup that doesn't have any chunks of food in it or meat! So he opted to have toast and peanut butter for dinner and then cake for dessert :)
My friend, Catrina, had a hard day so I invited her to come for dinner. Her husband was busy so she and the kids came over. We had a good visit and the soup didn't go to waste like it probably would have!

mmmm - I love potato leek soup - I leave chunks in it though ;)
ReplyDeleteI think I would like it best if half of it was pureed and the other half was left chunky - the best of both worlds!
ReplyDelete