Wednesday, February 4, 2015
Mushroom Compost
Today after school I met some friends, Amber and Laura, for lunch and then I drove to Madisonville to pick up a load of mushroom compost. It's more than an hour's drive, but I've been told by numerous people that it is excellent in your garden! Also, it's extremely inexpensive - only $10 for 5 yards (compared to $35 a yard at the soil yard where I bought it last time.) Unfortunately the trailer we borrowed from Victor only holds about a yard before it's too heavy for the tires, and they don't prorate it if you get less than the full amount, but it's still a great deal. And Steve was so nice to unload it for me into the beds as soon as he got home from work. He does so much to keep me happy :) I plan on getting a couple more loads to top off all of my garden beds so I can get started on planting my spring garden.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment