My final assignment for my cooking class - pumpkin pie. I made two pies so I could compare my regular recipe using Steve's mom crust recipe and the recipe from my assignment from Rouxbe. After making them and letting them cool, Vanessa and I and her daughters tasted them both. The filling using Libby's Pumpkin recipe was almost identical to the one from Rouxbe. But we all liked mom's crust better! It was more tender and flaky than the other one. Thanks mom!
Pie Crust (makes 1 crust)
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup shortening
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
ice water, as needed
Mix together the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the shortening until it is the size of large peas. Using a fork, mix in the ice water a couple of tablespoons at a time until the dough clings together. Roll out into a circle onto a floured counter and place in pie pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before baking.

you need to post the pie crust recipe ;)
ReplyDeleteHere it is! :)
ReplyDelete