Momma kitty came in last night and when I checked her she was already dilated. I stayed up with her until 2 am expecting babies any minute. I finally gave up, put her in the dog kennel for the night to protect her from Sabre licking her to death, and went to bed. This morning there were still no babies so Steve let her out. About 10 am she came to the door and wanted to come in so I let her in. She curled up on Sabre's blanket in the corner by the couch and had four baby kittens. She didn't make a sound the entire time! She is an excellent momma and didn't need my help at all. She had 2 solid black kittens (one with no tail!), a black and white kitten, and a white kitten that will probably be a Siamese like her previous litter (and this one only has a stub of a tail.) Steve moved them out to the barn tonight in a box.

No comments:
Post a Comment