Saturday, January 18, 2025

Bella and the Bull


It's so good to have Bella back home! I missed her! Her coat has really thickened up - just in time for next week's cold weather. She's interested in Akima, but Akima is nervous around her. We'll have to see how that goes as Akima gets bigger. I'll have the vet do a blood test in a month to see if she is pregnant - fingers crossed! Mr. Clark dried her up since she was there so long, so no more milk until she calves.


This is the bull that Bella has been visiting while on holiday :) He's a Belfair bull, meaning he is a cross between a Jersey and a Dexter, making him a bit smaller. I would have preferred to breed her to a full Jersey bull, but Mr. Clark recently sold his Jersey bull and bought this one. He is A2/A2, so the calf will be A2/A2, even if it will only be 3/4 Jersey. You can't see it in this photo, but he has a bit of brindle coloring as well. Oh, I sure hope she is pregnant this time!! She has been at the breeder just over 5 weeks so she was there long enough to catch two cycles. I'm praying he did his job!


No comments:

Post a Comment