Friday, April 10, 2015

A Goat with No Name

I finally named my baby boy goat! He's been nameless for far too long. After searching and trying to come up with a name I decided on . . .

 Tejas Tabasco - I'll call him Tabasco.

He wouldn't ever take a bottle from me. I had been trying to force feed him his bottle but it wasn't working very well. I finally tried letting him nurse one night on Nutmegg. (Her little boy died a week and a half ago. I found him in the stall dead when I went out in the morning to let them out. I couldn't see anything wrong with him - so sad. I guess he may have gotten smothered accidentally during the night by her laying on him. So she has only been nursing her little girl.) I put Nutmegg up on the milk stand and Tabasco jumped up there and started nursing on his own. I'm so glad he's finally getting some milk! Now I let him nurse every morning and every evening on her while I'm out there feeding the animals. He's gaining weight and doing great!


No comments:

Post a Comment